Thursday, July 22, 2010
Hometown Tour Guide
Summer is a time to get away from your roots and explore a little, right? If you live in or have ever relocated to Chicago and have friends across the US, they always seem to make Chicago their summer destination - and your home. When that happens, you're scrambling around trying to plan some stuff for you to do together that won't break the bank. To get you going and to help you give your guests a memorable taste of Chicago (aside from treating them to some Lou Malnati's deep-dish pizza), check out these city landmarks and events... best of all? They're free!
Movies in the Park: Presented by the Chicago Park District, there are free movies almost every night throughout the summer. Not only does it introduce you to a new part of the city, but you'll also be able to spend some quality time with whoever comes with you.
- Chicago SummerDance Festival: Located in Grant Park, this festival is definitely worth it! Thursday-Saturday every week throughout the summer, this festival will fill your soul with music that makes you want to dance! They also provide some instruction so you're not left out if you don't know the moves.
- Art Institute Chicago: Free on Thursday evenings, 5-8pm
- Chicago Children's Museum at Navy Pier: Free to everyone every Thursday evening, 5-8pm; free for kids 15 and under the first Sunday of every month
- Chicago History Museum: Every Monday, 9:30am-4:30pm
- Museum of Contemporary Art: Tuesdays, 10am-8pm
- The Field Museum: Every second Monday of the month. Summer days remaining are: August 9th and 24th.
- Lincoln Park Zoo: Free and open to the public everyday!
- Museum of Science and Industry: Remaining summer free day is August 30
- National Museum of Mexican Art: Free Tuesday-Sunday (closed Mondays)!
- Chicago Air & Water Show: August 14-15, featuring US Navy Blue Angels, US Army Parachute Team Golden Knights, US Navy Parachute Team Leap Frogs, and much much more! This show is bound to rock the lakefront!
There's nothing better than getting together with friends and family and sharing a new experience. We love when fans and customers share their stories with us - whether it's when they introduced their loved one to our pizza or a great experience at one of our restaurants... we love it. Without devoted fans like that, Lou Malnati's wouldn't be where it is today!
Discussion about Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
Coming together to make a differenceReady, set... go!Calling all Green Thumbs!Mother's Day is around the corner!Happy Administrative Professionals Day!Earth Day 2013Success starts at the rootsHappy National Deep Dish Pizza Day!Go Cubs Go!Say good-bye to winter
May, 2013April, 2013March, 2013February, 2013January, 2013December, 2012November, 2012October, 2012September, 2012August, 2012July, 2012June, 2012May, 2012April, 2012March, 2012February, 2012January, 2012December, 2011November, 2011October, 2011September, 2011August, 2011July, 2011June, 2011May, 2011April, 2011March, 2011February, 2011January, 2011December, 2010November, 2010October, 2010September, 2010August, 2010July, 2010June, 2010May, 2010April, 2010March, 2010February, 2010January, 2010December, 2009November, 2009October, 2009September, 2009August, 2009July, 2009June, 2009May, 2009April, 2009